Use the sliders on the timeline to select a timespan, and see how growth in average income was shared between the richest 10% and the other 90% of Americans. All figures are in 2008 dollars.

Source: The data come from this table: http://www.econ.berkeley.edu/~saez/TabFig2008.xls
on Emmanuel Saez’s website at University of California, Berkeley. Methodology

For the media

Economic Policy Institute Media Relations Department (202) 775–8810 |